On the Bab - Review

by - January 14, 2018

Whenever someone asks me to recommend me a restaurant I will always suggest On the Bab. On the Bab is a guilty pleasure of mine, I may have or may not have gone there twice in a space of a week. Serving Korean Street food to London since 2013, this restaurant remains popular with the London crowd with On the Bab now having four locations at Shoreditch, Covent Garden, St Paul's and Marleybone.

On the Bab has three signature mains, On the Rice, On the Buns and On the Noodles. Each main allows you to choose a variety of different fillings including bulgogi beef, spicy pork, spicy chicken and more. Now that you all know my love of On the Bab, let's go through my favourite dishes on offer.


On the rice with spicy pork (£8.50)
On the Bab's take on the traditional bibimbap does not disappoint. The spicy pork is flavourful and the vegetables give each mouthful a nice crunch. On the Bab also offers a bulgogi beef, spicy chicken and fried chicken version if pork is not your thing. Just make sure to fully mix before eating!



On the Bun with a breaded prawn patty (£8.50)

Who doesn't love buns? With all of On the Bab buns, they include their signature salad and kimchi mayo sauce. I love how the soft bun with the crunchy prawn patty compliments each other. As with most of On the Bab's dishes the filling can be of your choice.



On the roll with bulgogi beef (£7.50)
On the Bab's version of Korea's comfort food kimbab includes a generous amount of fried onion to give it an extra crunch. I love kimbab with bulgogi and On the Bab's version lived up to my expectations. Unfortunately this dish is only available at their Covent Garden branch. 



YangYum Chicken (£5.50 - £26.90) 
Did someone say fried chicken? My favourite dish at On the Bab is definitely their fried chicken, its crispiness and tastiness make it my number one place to get fried chicken in London. On the Bab offers several different flavours at each location, my favourite is the garlic mayo flavour, available at their Covent Garden location. If you want to eat it like the Korean locals, remember to order beer which you can dispense by yourself at the table. This is otherwise known as Chimaek meaning chicken and beer, a popular authentic Korean dish amongst the locals!

Locations:
  • 36 Wellington Street, London, WC2E 7BD
  • 305 Old Steet, London, EC1V 9LA
  • 39 Marylebone Lane, London, W1U 2NP
  • 9 Ludgate Broadway, London, EC1V 6DU

On the Bab is a great place to take friends to, with a great atmosphere, tasty food and if you love to share food like me, On the Bab have the cutest little bowls to eat with. I hope you enjoyed reading my review. Tell me what are your favourite places to eat below!

Follow me on instagram @taecieeee to keep updated on my food adventures!

Happy reading!
Tracey x 




You May Also Like

0 comments